We can't wait to show you our amazing forest in Santa Cruz! We want you to feel fully prepared, so we've put together this short article to answer any questions you might have.
5 key things to know prior to your visit
- At no time will you feel pressured to purchase a tree. We pride ourselves on providing a positive, memorable experience, whether or not you find your tree.
- Most tours take about 45-90 minutes and consist of a guided walk around the forest with one of our guides. However, you can spend as much or as little time in the forest as you'd like.
- Pets are allowed in the forest. Bring your dog!
- We're currently landscaping some areas of the forest. Please wear appropriate shoes (sneakers or hiking boots) and layered clothing.
- The forest is in the Santa Cruz mountains. Getting to this beautiful location requires driving on mountain roads and losing cell service at times. Please print the directions or get them on Google Maps.
Details about your guided forest tour
When you arrive at the forest, you will be greeted by one of our forest guides
You will then have a chance to use the restroom, grab a snack, and relax in our temporary visitor's center.
The tour itself consists of a 45-90 minute walk through all sections of the forest. Our Forest Stewards will help you keep track of your favorite trees.
During your tour, feel free to ask questions about our company, our forests, and the services included with your memorial tree.
Our forests are natural and beautifully landscaped areas
It's our goal to provide a beautiful experience for every visitor. We actively manage the forest so it can return to its old-growth state.
This means clearing debris off the ground, removing invasive species, and ensuring that every single tree is healthy and has room to grow.
We've built trails to make touring easier, but please keep in mind that it's a natural environment and wear sneakers or hiking boots.
Forest contact information
If you have questions leading up to your tour, you can get in touch with our Community Care team via phone or email:
Phone/Text: (415) 851-7138
Email: [email protected]